- Concept of Braindead started with son of Shannon Wynn founder of the Flying saucer, Sam Whyn who has Restraunteering in his blood meeting a man by Jeff Fryman who was managing the Common Table, they got to talking and did their cicerone certification together which is kind of like a beer somalia. So they got to talking and decided they wanted to open up their own brewpub and crossed past with Drew Hurter who at the time was the head brewer at Deep Ellum Brewing, got him onboard and chef David Pena and made it happen. Together these dudes opened up the first brew pub in Dallas.
- They are known for having one of the bigger house selections on tap, communal tables, and Amazing scratch Kitchen.
- They have really spearheaded a movement of offering Dallas Vegan friendly items on their menu and even have a vegan bakery named sugar fang, featured onsite.
- BUT no worries meat lovers they also have gotten creative and have a braindead bacon flight.
- They have a lot of weekly events & kids eat free on Wednesday.