- Founder John Reardon got his start Home Brewing in College while at the University of Colorado and picked up the love of craft, after a few short stints in the bar business he got back to brewing beer and decided that was going to be the next chapter of his life.
- He grew up in Dallas and Deep Ellum was always near and dear to his heart, used to visit as a child with his parents and there was just a whole lot of action down here in this neighborhood. When he came back to Dallas after College Deep Ellum had fallen on hard times and the history of the neighborhood of 100+ years as the real heart and soul of Dallas was in a stand still and he wanted to bring some of it's better days back. He thought about opening a bar, but couldn't get the idea of opening up a brewery out of his head. So he went for it.
- Deep Ellum is the First Craft Brewery in the Dallas city limits to open with first keg leaving on 11/11/2011
- They have never sought to be a cookie cutter brewery, and they have always done things their way, taking on the character of the neighborhood and reflecting the art of the neighborhood in their branding.
- They have a beer festival called the Labor of Love each labor day weekend for home brewers as well as BrewBBQ for memorial day.
- They have a kitchen and their beer garden is constantly featuring local artists performing live music.
- Sold part of their ownership to Canarchy in June of 2018 for expation capital and hav since expanded their footprint in tanks and barrels brewed as well as opening a Taproom in Fort Worth in March of 2019.