- The Brewery caught on fire once... ask your beer tender to see the tap handles to prove it.
- Every beer has a story and a name
- Velvet hammer is their flagship beer, it's their only beer that has a facebook profile and someone actually married it in a ceremony at their one year anniversary party and made it facebook official. It also has a song someone wrote about it: Google Velvet Hammer song by the band Shotgun Friday.
- It also has a 5K, the Peticolas Velvet hammer 5K is April 20th, use code VH5K to register and get 15% off per registrant.
How Old? 7 years old
Owner: Michael Peticolas & his family
- Grew up in El Paso, TX
- Moved to Dallas in 1992 to attend UTD.
- He grew up around home brewing, his mom actually used to home brew.
- Began home brewing himself in Grad School
- He is an attorney, after he felt like he accomplished all his goals in law he wanted to try something new.
- Established the brewery in 2010, named after his last name.
- Second brewery open in Dallas, did the legislative work to allow for Breweries to be in Dallas, and has been at the forefront of the legal battle to stand up for craft breweries, with Texas Craft Brewers Guild
- First batch of Velvet Hammer was brewed on December 30th 2011
- The logo in and of its self is a story…
- The breweries values are Honest, Friendly, & down to earth which is embodied in the roughed up logo
- Resembles a Soccer crest Michael’s favorite sport
- State of Texas represents , where they are from and ties in the values as Texas is the “ Friendly state”
- The pentagon and numbers represent his family of 5
- (2) represents Michael and his wife
- (1) his daughter
- (0’s) his twins one son and one daughter
- He’s got a huge passion about giving Dallas something great.
- Not is a rush to can his beer. It’ll happen someday but he’d rather give Dallas something great as their own and believes that draft beer is much better.
Production & Distribution
- 4,500 Barrels of beer a year real small in comparison to most breweries.o Beer can be found only 39 miles from the brewery as far as Fort Worth and Denton
- The Tap Room is a big deal that they are real excited about, as the brewery was previously only open to the public for 4 hours a month the 1st and 3rd Saturdays of the month.