- When the brewery opened in 2004 it was first known as the brand new beer with a 150 year history
- The Rahr family started making beer in the US in 1847 when William and Natalie Rahr immigrated from Rhineland Germany to Manitowoc Wisconsin and established Eagle Brewery
- William’s sons continued in their father’s tradition of brewing beer but also grew his malted barley business known as Rahr Malting, which now supplies 90% of the breweries in the US
- Fast forward 160 years and William’s son Fritz and wife Erin opened Rahr in 2004
- If you are looking for the best Oktoberfest in the US, you found it here with the 2018 Gold Medal Winning Rahr Oktoberfest
- Tours are on Wednesday’s and Saturday’s and did we mention their 5K and social runs?